Thursday, January 22, 2009

It was as if my soul had wings....

Tonight my soul soared upon the wings of the music, echoing throughout the chapel as I pounded out every emotion that resonated within me. Tyler took me to the church-house, since he has keys, and for the next 45 minutes, I gloriously lived through that music. I haven't been able to play regularly in years, and all of a sudden, the joy that playing music brings rushed back through my body, heart, mind, and soul :) I sang with passion, inside myself (because lets be honest - you never know who could walk through those doors and I always get nervous), as loudly as one silently can! Amazing.
As we left the building, Tyler remarked on how we really can feel the Spirit through music. I play with passion, moving with the music, as if it were my story I was telling. Its almost like my testimony at times, playing EFY music (Oh My Soul Hungered - you know the one), hymns, classics, and Broadway - my favorite. I am just content. Content and happy.
Find something that lets you fly. Do it. Live it. Love it.

1 comment:

Alan and Kiersten said...

i LOVE music too! too bad i'm not musically talented in any way at all other than in the appreciation of it! ha ha! i'm glad you had the opportunity to let it all out! everyone needs that!