Saturday, January 28, 2012

New Ideas, Another Blog?

Help!


***
I've been thinking, thinking, and re-thinking through this.
Let me know what you think.

I'm thinking of starting another blog...
this new blog will address questions about "firsts,"
such as, "My first kid - what do I really need?"

This is the thing that I've been wondering for years.
And now that I'm finally to this point (not to mention halfway through it),
I find myself wishing I had the answer.
I'm really not high-maintenance,
so this blog won't be allllll about the many "extras" 
that you can get for baby,
[although a Splurge Saturday will be necessary to keep the dreams alive!]
but rather for the basics that are life-saving.


The best part?
Everyone, regardless of kid status,
knows "something" that worked great for "someone"
and I think we could all benefit from that.

Also, I'm thinking of creating special sections - 
*baby shower ideas,
*first hospital stay baskets,
*announcement templates,
and much much more!

This way, the blog could have a trillion guest post-ers.
That would bring such a wealth of info.
And, please.
I'm a researcher.
This is what I do.
Research info.
Then, make decisions.

So, send me your input,
your opinions,
and most of all, 
suggestions!

***

I think the first thing I'm going to do is the following - 
My sister-in-law Jennine is amazing.
Seriously.
She has 5 great kids, ranging in ages from 14-2.
And, she remodeled her basement while her youngest was still in her arms.
Uh, really?
I don't even hang pictures b/c I can't commit.
So, guess what our first baby psot will be?

We are going to walk around Babies -R- Us
and she'll point out the features 
of car-seats, high chairs, pack-n-play things, etc.
Then, she'll tell me what has been the most convenient for her.
[She always prefaces that her opinions are biased! haha]
I'll make a picture-opinion-catalog.
Then, you'll be able to graze through it and see what things are most useful.
Then, someone else can do it, 
send me the pictures with their opinions,
and bam! 
It'll get posted, 
and we'll all get educated. 
[This would be a great resource for the inevitable, "What do I get for a baby shower gift?"]
***

This would also be a great opportunity for moms with more than 1 kid
to give the "trial & error" section some humor and experience posts!

The best way to get dried poop off of clothes?
My friend mentioned oxy-clean in a bucket of water,
then let the clothes soak, and wha-la!
The soiled clothes get put in the wash and come out good as new!

How do you get blood off of clothes?
A little bit of Hydrogen Peroxide.
Doesn't stain clothes, bleach colors, or anything.
Just degrades the blood and you're good to go.
(that one is mine - freakin saves my life)

***

Ok, enough with the brain-storm.
Let me know what you think!!!
Thanks!

[you can either post here or email me at lilbebedoll19 {at} gmail {dot} com]

3 comments:

Christina & Andrew said...

Doooo it! I'd love to be enlightened by your research & to hear opinions of other moms. Sounds great!!! :)

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

Sounds great, it'd be pretty perfect to have all things baby in one spot. I think its a great idea. One thing though: if this is something you will feel really stressed about if you can't stay committed, maybe you should wait to start until baby comes and you can see how tired you are? (or hopefully aren't). I just know that for me to add one more thing before a new baby and then not have the energy for it after would be hard. I'd still feel like I had to do it because I made a big deal out of it.

Amber and Eric said...

Krista - I think the new "firsts" blog is a great idea! I would definately follow because I think we could all use other people's opinions (when we want them of course). I know just what you need to get ANY stain out! I mean ANY stain. Fels-Naptha! Have you heard of it? The best part is that is CHEAP (1.69) and it lasts FOREVER!