Thursday, September 25, 2008

Quick note....

I've been cramming for tests the past few days, completely tuning out to the world by listening to one of my favorite Pandora stations, "The Way I Am." To make things a little more complicated, I've been voted in as the President of my medical class, and our program is #1 in the nation right now, which definitely yields quite a bit of responsibility. An interesting situation led me to question why people put themselves in uncomfortable situations, not only for themselves, but for all others around them. In the midst of studying, I've been contemplating which actions I could take that would be the most rewarding for everyone in this particular situation. I've counseled, prayed, etc. Then the other night as I attempted to drown out the world as well as thoughts of my own, a song came on....

Have you ever felt like the girl in this picture? Do you know someone right now who might? Listen to a song called, "Outside Looking In" by Jordan Pruitt. She sounds like Taylor Swift ironically enough, yet her message was loud and clear. If you can, check out her music video on YouTube. 

If I was in a Young Women's calling, I would download it, take it to Mutual, and show it to those girls who are so impressionable. 

I stopped to think about the person in this situation and felt more compassion towards them then I could have thought possible, despite all of my previous attempts to do so. I am grateful for tender mercies which are so 'insidiously' placed into my life...I might have missed it....


3 comments:

MacMui Mom said...

Congrats on being class president!!! You go girl!! Mia misses you lots! We are lloking forward to the primary presentation on Oct 26th. Her very first.

Hugs,

Lisa

Rach said...

fearless leader-

you still didnt answer me, what are you going to grad school for??!

-rach

Gates & Tausha said...

great song...i went to itunes to hear it...nice! EXCITING new job there too---sounds like you'll only accept your best!! :) awesome. :)