Tuesday, August 24, 2010

loving today....

Champagne Grapes:

I also loved this effect:


-Champagne grapes are the sweetest, tiniest grapes I've ever inhaled. They're so delicate and tantalizing, you just can't get them into your mouth fast enough! Which, of course, is the dilemma when eating champagne grapes: they're so tiny that you, in your haste, might squish a few. Regardless, they taste great off of your fingers too! Because they're so tiny, they're sweeter than regular grapes. According to my friend the chef, they grow these (not these particular ones) in the coldest regions of France, and use them to make sweet wines. I would bore you with the biochemistry as to why they're so sweet and the correlation it has to the cold, but then none of your would read this blog anymore.

I recently signed up for Bountiful Baskets, which is a great food-co-op (I like them all to be hyphenated), and gave us a large quantity of fresh fruits and veggies! It filled (and weighed down) our laundry basket! I would apologize for the picture, but it was so dang early in the morning, and I had to rush to work right after, so please enjoy anyway:


And its sideways! Sorry!

In other good news, we bought a bunch of steaks at a great price last night and ended up getting 6 lbs of ground beef (which I don't even eat a ton of anymore!) for $5. The steaks were like $16 for 16 lbs I think? Either way, I'm making Montreal marinated steak with corn on the cob tonight, at 8:30 pm, with a side of champagne grapes :) It's the closest I'll ever get to the real thing!

1 comment:

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

I love bountiful baskets. We've done it since January and feel like we're eating so much better and half the price that we would've!!