Thursday, September 20, 2012

Nesting...3 Months Late

Little man can always tell when you've got a camera on him. I told you, he's sneaky.

I don't know if I was just too busy before he came, but I never really got into a "nesting" phase. I did clean the grout in my shower with a toothbrush + bleach, but I think that's just what I do normally. haha

Anyway, last night, it hit me. HARD. haha I sent Tyler off to mutual with Ethan so I could clean the WHOLE house. A little ambitious, no? Well, it was. Tyler came home 30 mins later and I was all grumpy! "You're going to throw off my cleaning groove!!!" Instead of throwing it off, he helped :) Wasn't that nice of him?

So, we re-arranged everything. [At least, I felt like we did.] And we deep cleaned a bunch of stuff. I did a zillion loads of laundry, mopped {what?!}, and now we have a clean kitchen, dining room [which is now a multipurpose room, which it was anyway, but now it looks much better haha], and baby room. Our room, on the other hand, has blown up. Oh dear. That's next! And by clean, I mean organized. I studied infectious disease for too long to ever have a "dirty" house. [shudder]

And now, the reason why I'm in such a frenzy? I start back on my 7on/7off schedule next Tuesday - the 25th. I don't know how it will all work, but I'm going to try my best. Working 11.5 hr days, coming home and making dinner, plus looking after a baby will be tough, especially when Tyler works full time, and then teaches breakin' on Tues and Thurs nights and has mutual on Wednesdays. Luckily, we've enlisted the help of an awesome gal in our ward to watch Ethan in our home. She's rad and definitely an answer to prayer.  As of now, she's only going to be here until November. Back to the drawing board for that one....

Its been a challenge for me to decide to work - I believe strongly that the Lord has a plan for me and I intend to follow that plan. I also believe in having health care/insurance. Hence, the main motivator for going back to work - my insurance plan is stellar and we have saved lots of $$ and have been really blessed by having this job.

I tell Ethan every day how much I'm going to miss him, how much I love him, and I hope that he'll understand. It just breaks my heart. And this might sound rotten to say [and everyone says it anyway], but having that mental break at work will be a blessing - and the best part? Its only every other week for now - which means I get him all to myself every other week :)

I can't believe he'll be 3 months on Sunday. What a stud. And what a blessing. He's teaching me a lot about myself - and I needed it more then he'll ever know.

Stay tuned for our re-do of his room and the craft that I'm working on for him!

1 comment:

pamela said...

Your guy is so cute, I can cuddle him all day. There is no doubt you will miss him so much when you go to work. Grout cleaning is a time consuming job. Be thankful that you have a hubby who can watch over baby while you do the scrubbing.