Friday, April 12, 2013

Recent Favorites

Does this post even need an introduction?

Nah. Didn't think so.


Has anyone but me ever eaten these?! Oh holy goodness - these are the most delicious tortillas EVER! And, they are great for you - they contain everything under the sun that you are supposed to eat, but forget - like Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, etc. They have a deep, delicious taste that leaves your taste buds singing for more! {Only 160 calories per tortilla, and let me tell you - its all good for ya! [except for the fact that you're eating gluten...]} ps - I bought mine at Costco. They better keep selling them!


Now, don't get suspicious - I'm not the 'backyard brew' kinda girl, but dang, Gina! This marinade is to die for - super scrumptious! I use 1/2 cup of water, not beer, and then 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar. Marinate your chicken for 20 minutes, and cook it up.


Hokey picture, I know. All of these are from google, so what do you expect? Now, take that marinated chicken, and fry it up on this puppy. Only $15 from Ikea, and this grill pan is the bomb! I love it! Grills very evenly and makes for incredibly easy clean up. I don't know how I lived without it before. haha Really though, when you want grilled food but can't wait for the grill to warm up, or don't want to stand out in the rain, or simply don't have room/time/patience for a grill, this is your solution.

Then, spread some mashed up avocado on those tortillas, load it with romaine lettuce/spinach, then add some cut up chicken, and you've got a yummy dinner.


Another favorite is the agave sweetener - I know that honey might be less processed that this stuff - I just wanted to give it a try. I added this to a fresh pineapple + strawberry + spinach + water smoothie and wow - its so tasty!

I have yet to use the coconut oil - its my week on, so inventive dinners will have to come next week.


And just a few more of my favs:


 Everyone was sleepy during conference!



  Ethan is loving the pack-n-play:




And today, he learned how to pull himself up! While wearing footie pajamas. That's impressive! Its slippery in there!!!

So proud!!!! He even claps his hands while standing for a few seconds and then laughs. Its precious!


See you soon! {Maybe we'll be walking next month?!?!?!?}



1 comment:

Hikari said...

thanks for the tip on that grill pan. I was just thinking that I wish I had a grill. Next Ikea trip, it is mine :)