Friday, July 30, 2010

I Am Legend.

Tonight, I became a legend.

Ward softball. Pretty awesome. Other team didn't show - we played against ourselves, and it was awesome.

Definitely found my softball cleats from hs/college; still fit like a glove.

I melted. I think the back of my knees sweat more then the rest of me. (Sorry, tmi) Even my hair got in on the action = gross.

Next, ward BBQ - burgers, dogs, and chips.

I had a cheeseburger and a hot dog, and 5 gallons of water.

Until....

The EQP dropped a triple stack cheeseburger onto my plate. With 3 slices of nasty American cheese. Then, they dared me to eat it all. All three hamburgers + 3 nasty pieces of cheese + bun (obviously) for $5. Mind you, this is post-dinner.

I smashed it. I squeezed it. Just so I could fit it into my mouth. Friends gathered 'round, cheering me on.

Ketchup was placed at my right hand; water directly in front.

Tyler massaged my shoulders, screaming, "Come on! You can do it!"

And this is the final story:
"We didn't think you could do it," they said.

"We are so impressed!" they said.

"We are going to announce this in Elders Quorum on Sunday," they said.

"I need some pepto bismol," groaned my tummy.

All in all, I am now legend. I have earned respect from the men folk. 

They even offered me a spot to bear my testimony about my experience in Elders Quorum on Sunday, after they announce my feat.

Little do they know - I have a tripple header (of softball) tomorrow morning at 7:30 am. This food baby better be gone by then.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Jalene said...

oh my gosh.


you are a champ! i would hurl.


hahaha.

The Porter's said...

Are you kidding me right now? Krista that is awesome! I'm so sad that I missed the goodness.

Alan and Kiersten said...

ok that's awesome! i love you!

Katy said...

i always knew i loved you for more reasons than that you are just splendid... now I know that it's also because you've got mad skilz. I'm so proud. *wiping tear*

hope the gut bomb wasn't too terrible!