Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fall To Do...

This week on was a LONG week! I don't remember exactly why, but I went to bed around 11:30 last night and woke up at 10:40 this morning. It must have been a long week! So, now I'm off, and I am off to new adventures.
-Appointment with Planned Parenthood: cheapest way to get BC. Creepy, but cheap, and close!
     (there has to be an upside to everything, you know)
-Making some more keychains (for the mother-in-law),
-Making this wreath (hopefully), or another kind.....

Is it bad that I just don't know where to go to get the best deals on things like hot glue guns? Maybe, but then again, I do know a lot about rare diseases, so I guess its a tradeoff :)

Recent Reads:
I've read a lot of books lately, but Sunday I read this one:
"Finding the Diamond Within.
10 Ways Every Woman can Sparkle"

Picture from Amazon, but I don't think the author is going to mind - she is one of my dear friends. Dear, you ask? Yes. We served together in the Medical Branch and Tyler was the 2nd counselor and her husband the 1st in the Branch Presidency. Mary is tall, gorgeous, funny, talented, and has raised 5 beautiful kids. They are an awesome family. I really loved serving with her - laughs never stopped.

She gave me a copy of this book as I left the medical branch (not an advertising scheme, I guarantee it), and wrote some inspirational thoughts in there for me to remember, especially when times get hard. I lent the book to a friend, got it back, and put it in my locker at work, knowing that it would come in handy soon. A few months later (aka on Sunday), I needed just that. I read the entire book, and came away with profound appreciation for the life and experiences of another. I feel silly, calling her up to say, "Your book made such a difference!" but can I just tell all of you - it really did. I suggest picking up a copy and reading it. Or borrow mine.

I hope your week is full of fun weather (its just starting to cool off here in Salt Lake, and its so nice!) and sunshine. I feel so optimistic - something good is coming soon!

Enjoy!

ps: Tyler was in the local news this week - his crew competed in some local competitions and afterward they had a one-on-one, which you can check out here. I'm glad one of us is cool!

1 comment:

The Porter's said...

I want/need a wreathe too!

and hello... you can borrow my glue gun if you want.