Monday, November 8, 2010

T-shirts + quilting = need advice!

Random musings have led me to this thought:

I love t-shirts. Seriously. I cannot get enough of them. Not the cutesey ones that you can wear out to dinner. I mean the ones you work out in, mow the lawn in, clean your house in [enter my activity this morning]. So, I have acquired quite a few, and have loved them to the end of their existence. Almost. I also have t-shirts that are WAY too big for you to wear [insert every t-shirt given at BYU-I activities] and Tyler has a bunch too.

So, I want to make a t-shirt quilt. Except that I'm a pattern person. With no pattern.

My mother-in-law let me borrow her sewing machine and it comes with a quilting-pedal foot. Its pretty rad looking. I need to have a project that takes a few minutes longer than the others, and now that its snowy [etc], I would love to start this!

Anyone have advice?!

4 comments:

Jordan and Crystal said...

i have made like 5 of them! Love them! didnt use pattern but they turned out great! let me know if you want to know what i did

Allie (Learningtobefrugal.com) said...

I have some pictures on my blog of when I made a t-shirt quilt.

learningtobefrugal.com
You can scroll down and do a search for t-shirt quilt or go directly to:
http://learningtobefrugal.wordpress.com/2009/12/02/how-to-make-a-t-shirt-quilt-part-1-needed-supplies/

I've got about 8 posts with pictures. Leave a comment on my site if you need more info.

Allie
Learningtobefrugal.com

Anonymous said...

I went ahead and put all of the posts for the t-shirt quilt I made on one page.

http://learningtobefrugal.wordpress.com/2010/11/08/making-a-t-shirt-quilt/

Allie
Learningtobefrugal.com

The Ellis Fam said...

I can help too if you still need it, it looks like you got lots of good advice. Let me know and I can come over anytime. Good luck and make sure you post pics after wards.