Saturday, January 19, 2013

New Year's Resolutions: Must Read

You know how you often stress about working out, eating healthier, and dropping a ba-ga-zillion pounds before summer starts?

Well, we may just all be in the same boat.

At work this past week, our "Wellness Center" {the people who run the gym/nutrition center at ARUP} thew a fair called, "To Live Another Day," akin to James Bond. It was incredible. They had all sorts of vendors who were invited (Huntsman Cancer to New Balance to The Bar Method). It helps raise awareness for our employees to live healthier, etc. They also had a few games and I happened to win one!

This is what I got:


This has got to be the funniest book I've ever read, and its amazing. This guy is a genius. {Seriously, his credentials are astounding. I'm jealous.} There's really no other way around it. Did you know that if you were to drink a soda every day, and let's say that you stopped drinking that soda every day for the entire year (thank you new year's resolutions), you would lose over 27 lbs that year alone? Whoa.

His motto: "The best diet is the one you don't know you're on."

He talks about still being able to eat everything you do now, and just re-positioning your household items so that you aren't as overpowered by poor food choices (like me eating lil' Debbie snack cakes whenever I see them), and re-positioning the good items to the front of the fridge so that you eat them more frequently (hence, why the veggie and fruit drawers are at an easy, accessible level in the fridge for me). Common sense, right?

I had already incorporated this strategy before I read the book, and let me tell you. I've lost 7 lbs. already. Yeah. And, its funny. He doesn't put you on a diet - not at all! Its more of an informative resource. He helps you to realize where you're being tricked by your mind, your eyes, etc. And its hilarious. Its refreshing.

I can't say enough.

Get it today. Or borrow it from me. I am still laughing, and am seeing the results.

Enjoy the good read!!

No comments: